New online retail store now open for all your Tando goodies at

Saturday, 25 April 2015

Free for all weeks….

Hi its Carol with you today sharing with you this Love Wall Art plaque..

All elements come together as part of the Love Wall Art kit…I added Decoart Traditions paint to all of  the pieces, umber to the bottom base and for the smaller plaques I used turquoise…I then added a coating of distress crackle before painting white over the top of all elements.  All of the hearts were painted with red acrylic, stamped with black ink and the edges outlined before a coating of Decort triple gloss was added.  The remaining elements were painted with a brown based acrylic and outlined with a gold posca pen….. I added colour to my edges using distress ink and adhered all elements in place.

Don't forget you can join us with any of your projects this week, check out the tab at the top of the page for details and for one lucky person there is a fab prize! 

TFL xx 

Friday, 24 April 2015

Just add a frame: Anything goes with Irit

Hello my dear crafty friends!
 Irit is here and this time it's a shabby lovely altered mini book with Tando frame on the top.
 If you just need one single chipboard element to make it the main point of your book cover, go for Tando frames! They are easy to handle and very much " alterable" big frames.
I painted it with green distress paint and added a few layers of  clear embossing powder and get this " bubbled" look. Then I added some metal  trinkets  on the frame top and this was a main  figure of my altered hand made small book.

Chipboard used:
Large rectangle frame
Frame - Large Rectangle

Thursday, 23 April 2015

New Releases and a Design Team Call

Lots of exciting news to tell you today :)

We have some stunning new releases on the shop website, look at the pics and links below for details.

Also we currently have a Design Team Call for 2 new members, all the details can be found HERE.  You have until the end of May to make your submissions.

Ok, here are the new releases:

Knitting Needle Box, this can be found HERE

Horse and Carriage HERE

Horse single HERE, this can be added to the Horse and Carriage set to make an even more impressive display or used on it's own for any horse lover.

Guitar Clock HERE, a great gift for the man in your life or for any music lover.

And finally the little Boxed Scene HERE complete with MDF box frame, houses and fir tree.

Wednesday, 22 April 2015

Very Large Canvas!

WOW!!!  How excited was I to be asked to make up a large canvas for a studio!!!!?   Diane loved a quote I had used so we went with that, along with a tree & a house!  The colours match her logo.

I used a kit from Tando Creative (a wall art panel) .  The simple house was cut from one of the panels.  The fencing is also from Tando.  There are lots of layers on this canvas and, of course, I just had to add some fabric and sewing 'bits' onto it!!!  Here are a couple of close ups...

Please note : the letters are NOT from Tando Creative but a mix from my stash.

  Thank you for taking a look today, HUGS, Karen XXXXX

Tuesday, 21 April 2015

Anything Goes - Brothers Layout

Hi Tando fans! Dana here today sharing a layout for the Anything Goes theme this week. I had a blast making this page as a gift for my Sister's friend with the help of a sketch by Kristine Davidson. I have two daughters, so I'm thrilled when I get to scrap some boys, especially when they are this adorable!

I cut a portion of the Square Grid and painted it with acrylic paint to add some fun dimension under the photo.

I had fun inking up pieces from the Grab Bag of Stars to use as colorful embellishments.

You can find this chipboard and more in the Tando Creative Retail Store! We'd love to have you join the Anything Goes Challenge! To be in with a chance of winning some great Tando goodies of your choice, please make a piece based on our weekly themes and link your project, not just your blog, using the inlinkz tool located at the top of the Tando Blog. You don't have to use any Tando product, but, if you do, you will be entered into the draw twice! There are no limits to how many times you enter, however, we do request that you only enter your piece for 5 challenges. We look forward to seeing your creations!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Monday, 20 April 2015

Anything Goes in April

I'm kicking off this week's Anything Goes for ~{Tando}~:

I've used DecoArt's ~{White Modelling Paste}~ through part of the ~{Letters Mask}~. While that was drying, I've painted ~{Karen's Frame Gothic Arch}~ with a blend of DecoArt White Chalky Finish paint and  ~{Cobalt Teal Fluid Acrylic}~. When that was dry I stamped a crackle stamp onto it and inked the edges.

I stuck a stamped image behind the frame, then added some colour inside the heart and filled the gap with ~{Clear Liquid Glass}~.

I've finished off with some doodling and a greeting.

Keep coming back this week to see what the rest of the team creates. If you join in with our themes, you can win some Tando goodies.

Kaz xxx

Friday, 17 April 2015

Mini Owl Card

I love it when we have a 'same but different' week as I love to see how different the same things can turn out. I've used the ~{Mini Owls 2}~:

I made a background using Brushos and then I mixed some bronze paint with DecoArt's Modelling Paste and put it through one branch of the ~{Tree and Leaves 3 Part Mask}~. Once that was dry I drew in some leaves and added Clear Liquid Glass to them. I love how this gives so much dimension.

I painted the owl with Quinacrindone VioletDiarylide Yellow and White Chalk Paint, all by DecoArt and used a teeny tiny brush for details. I'm not going to lie, parts of this were quite fiddly to paint, but worth it because the owl is so cute. I didn't use the tiniest eye part, just drew in the black bits!

Kaz xxx