Tuesday 19 January 2010

Heart Basket

Hi, it's Sharon here. I have had great fun decorating a lovely little chipboard Heart Basket. It is supplied flat but easily slots together and stands up, perfect for small gifts. The heart size is approx. 120mm wide by 110mm tall and 25mm deep.



I decided to go for a "worn wood" effect. To do this I first painted it with Reeves gold acrylic paint then applied a layer of Blonde Moments crackle glaze. I left it to dry completely overnight and then applied the top layer of paint which is deco art deep red. The edges were inked with charcoal chalk ink.

To decorate the front I used a self adhesive crystal swirl made by Zva Creative, words cut from paper by Teresa Collins and a Delish designs rub on.



I have filled it with sweets inside black tulle and added a red chiffon ribbon bow and crystal stems. As an extra surprise I will add a cimema gift card or similar behind the sweets. Once it has been opened I of course plan on reusing the crystal stems and tulle LOL but will also fill it with love quote tags and use as a display.

Thanks for looking....x

7 comments:

tracy said...

thats lovely sharon :)

Karen said...

This is just gorgeous Sharon. I love the crackle finish on it and the black tulle is perfect!!! XXX

Kaz said...

Fab Sharon, what a gorgeous gift xx

CLARE said...

A lovely gift - really like the crackle effect

Angelnorth said...

Love the worn wood look with the crackle glaze - great to have chippie that stands up to all kinds of "wet" stuff being throw at it! Those crystal stems look perfect as a finishing touch - great job!

Caroline said...

Beautiful Sharon, love the crackle effect and the lovely rich colours...x

Janice said...

Great little basket. Love the blingy swirl.