Thursday 14 January 2010

HEART/FLOWER MINI BOOK

Hello, its Karen here with another piece from the LOVE & STUFF range.  This time I have been playing with the really georgeous & versatile HEART/FLOWER MINI BOOK.  It has a  laser cut cover with removable heart shape and floral engraving.  There are 5 additional chippie pages to decorate as well.  This book hasn't been punched with any holes to make it even more versatile!!!  I can think of so many ideas for this book, not just Valentines.  In fact I have made this up as a present for my Mum.  its going to be filled with lovely pics of her Grandaughters, Vikki & Millie.

I have used the 6x6 inch book but it also comes in a 4x4inch too.



I love that the heart comes out to be attached elsewhere if you want.  The first thing I did was to trace the flowers & stalks off so that I had a pattern to replace them with card.  I also took the heart out & covered that in a matching paper.  The paper that I used to cover the covers I made up myself using a mix of distress inks & glimmer mists.  I am not sure if the sheen shows in the pic but I was really pleased with the results.  I edged everything with purple Brilliance Ink.


The piece behind the heart apperture is computer generated.  I stuck my card flowers & stems in the original positions marked & covered with glossy accents, attaching paper roses & pearly gems as I went.  The covered heart was stuck back on at an angle.  The inside pages are covered with matching papers from K&Co.

The whole thing has been bound using my Bind It All but you could just as easily use rings or ribbon.

Thank you for taking a look.  Do keep popping back to see some more gorgeous stuff from this range.  HUGS XXX

6 comments:

Kaz said...

This is gorgeous Karen, I love the way you have made the front yourself to perfectly match those papers xxx

Sharon said...

Karen this is beautiful - I really like the choice of colours you have chosen and how you made your own background for the cover. I also like how you have attached the heart on the front slightly overlapping.
I have the 4x4" one to play with - you have given me loads of inspiration - Thanks!

Janice said...

That's sweet, Karen.

Hazel said...

Awwww - very love - erly! x

Di said...

A stunning book Karen, what gorgeous colours xx

Traceyr said...

Wonderful book there Karen. Your mum will love it.

:)