Thursday 4 February 2010

HOME minibook

Hi, it's Sharon here. I have a few Tando projects that I am itching to start however I decided to decorate this lovely 6x6" minibook. It has a removable house shape and comes complete with 5 additional pages of 6" x 6" chipboard.


I wanted to make a shaker feature of the apperture created when the house shape was removed so first I drew around the house window on to a piece of patterned paper and cut out with a craft knife. (I did not glue the cover on at this stage). I then adhered a piece of clear acetate over the apperture on the front of the book taking care to put plenty DST around the house edge. I turned the book over then poured some dedazzle beads in to the shape and adhered another piece of clear acrylic over the back. Once this was secure I covered each side of the cover with patterned paper carefully matching up the house shape that I had cut from the paper earlier. I cut around the edges and letters using a craft knife. The remaining five pages of chipboard were covered with co-ordinating paper. All edges were sanded and inked to finish.



I made some extra pockets and tags for the inside of the album. The minibook comes un-punched to give the end user various options for binding. I decided to bind mine with the Bind It All and 1.25" wires as I wanted to make use of the wires for decoration. I covered the chipboard house with paper, added a rub-on, punched a hole in the roof and attached it to the wires with a ball chain.



I have not decided on photos for the album yet but when it has been filled I will post some more pictures. This book would also make an ideal gift for someone that has moved to a new home.



Papers used are from the Wild Raspeberry Collection by K and Co.

Thanks for looking...x

5 comments:

Karen said...

This is gorgeous Sharon! What a brilliant idea to make a shaker house...would never have thought of that XXX

tracy said...

thats brill sharon,i love the shaker :)

Angelnorth said...

Looks gorgeous Sharon, love the cute little shaker and the popped out house used as a dangle!

Janice said...

Love the tabbed cards and the shaker housie.

Traceyr said...

Wow very delicious! Love the pull out tabs for the pockets. :)