Wednesday 26 January 2011

ELEPHANTS STROLLING ON CANVAS!

Hello, its Karen here & I have been playing with alcohol inks :D  I have to say, (although its not really the thing is it? ) that I was very pleased with this elephant!  So much that I begged Di for 3 of them as I had designed them so that they could go trunk to tail!


I covered them with gesso and glued on beads round the ears, tusks & toes.  Then I spread glossy accents over the rest & dropped in some alcohol inks...magic!  I kept the canvas fairly plain to show off the colours.  The elephants come as part of a pack with a cutie hippo and a cheeky lion.  Oh and there are 2 sizes to choose from too!
Thank you for taking a look today.  Please leave a comment to say you have popped by and do call again!  HUGS XXX

8 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Magic these are fantastic. XOXO Zoe

Angelnorth said...

Great elpehant parade (if a little on the psychaedelic side - have they been talking to Disney's pink ones, do you think?). Love the bead detail!

Di said...

Oh Karen, your elephants are just fabulous and I love what you have done with there here xx

Traceyr said...

wow they have worked really well. Thanks for the tip about adding colour to glossy accents(I didn't Know you could do that!)

:)

Irit Shalom said...

wow- I just need to try this tech and soon!!Love your canvas!

Carol Plume said...

oh Karen they are FAB! they look like metal....great design xx

Kaz said...

I love these elephants and the colours x

Janice said...

Very effective Karen, they look like they are enamelled.