Thursday 28 April 2011

SCALLOPED BANNERS!

Helloooo, its Karen here today and I have been having a lot of fun creating banners for my niece & nephews new bedrooms!  I used the amazing single banner pieces that come in a pack of 5.  Each one comes in 2 pieces for decorating and they already have holes at the top for threading.  You can see the blanks ~HERE~. Here is Millie's, who is 3...


Here is a close up...


I painted the scalloped piece & dabbed chalk ink along the scallops to define them.  The upper piece was covered with paper and  painted grungy letters added.  Then a Prima flower popped on the bottom.  I threaded the whole thing with ribbon.  Although it doesn't show, its pretty glittery!!!  Then I couldn't leave little Max out could I?  Here is his...





Not so much glitter this time and buttons instead of flowers hehe!  Have to say that I do like the vobrant colours of this one!  So there you have 2 different takes on the banner!  Thank you so much for popping by today and do come back soon as we have something new nearly every day!!!! HUGS XXX

6 comments:

Di said...

I LOVE these Karen, they are both gorgeous and I agree, the banner for Max is soo vibrant xxx

Zoechaos said...

Fabulous bet the children love them they give such personal identities to their rooms. XOXO Zoe

Kaz said...

Two completely different banners there Karen, they are both gorgeous. They are very lucky xxx

The Scrapbook Garden said...

Love what you have done with this banner. Jules has done another one of these gorgeous banners at The Scrapbook Garden blog. Ann x

Carol Plume said...

gorgeous banners Karen....love the bright colours xx

Angelnorth said...

Great banners, I bet Millie loves hers with all the girly glitteriness!