Thursday 2 February 2012

Good night door hanger

My new Tando project is this fun door hanger.
So for this post  I made this Mixed Media altered door hanger  and as you can see door hanger can be made  not just for kids and this is a perfect example for one made for all of us who can't sleep.  I can't... So this is a present for myself.  Now you may laugh.
So here  it is: made on the base of 10 for $1 foam door hangers project.

I covered it with white gesso and a lot of white molding paste, using some sequin  star shaped net, but as I was  not so patient  and waiting , so the star pattern was totally  gone, but you still can see a lot of patterns over the foam.
 Then I misted it with Cleasnap blue mist and added random spots of WOW Embossing powders.
The chipboard Moon and Stars are Tando Creative bare chipboards and first I covered them with some gesso too, than I added a LOT of embossing powders all over .
 The stars were covered with the same gold powder too. As I used gesso and it was a bit wet, I didn't use any embossing ink here, but mist and powders only. Then I made some holes to connect my stars with gold chains, added some blue mesh and tied some blue ribbons.
Finally I made Good Night sentiment using another Tando Speech Bubble, inked a bit and very old set of American Crafts Thickers. I was lucky to have all letters  for the sentiment and the only reason that this sentiment is Good Night and not Sleep Well , was because I was out of letters E.
Now I just hope to get some good 6 hours sleep and not my usual 3 hours from 6 am till 9am mostly.
Wish me luck with this small desire!
And here  Tando products used here:

1 comment:

Karen said...

Fabulous Irit x