Saturday 18 May 2013

Vintage layers



I went with a vintage photo for my page for today, and some of the beautiful flourishes Tando do.  I am used to layering on my pages but I haven't really played around with layering up the layers on my chipboard.
So here is the recipe - I started by covering it in a mushroom acrylic paint, then dried it, I then dry brushed white acrylic over the top - not so it was smooth - I kept it patchy.  I then used a newspaper stamp with archival ink and stamped all over it.  I decided that I need some blue to match my papers so I used a little bit of broken china distress ink and mixed it in with my white acrylic and again roughly brushed it over the top of the chippie just to dull the rather stark text.  Once I had done this I added some liquid pearl drops (just in case you don't know how to make this dome really nicely you need to flick them from underneath - so flick the paper or in this case my chipboard and it gives you a gorgeous pearl shape), this was still a little too pretty for me so whilst the liquid pearls were wet I sprinkled over some silver embossing powder, tapping the excess off .... so lots of layers.  It is great as the chipboard is very forgiving so even if you don't like the look of the effect you can just go over it again.


2 comments:

The Scrapbook Garden said...

Gorgeous! Ann x

LindaS said...

Beautiful layout and picture.