Thursday 31 October 2013

Same But Different Week - Layered Coffin with Dana


Hi Tando fans! Happy Halloween! Dana here today sharing my 3D coffin for the Same But Different Coffin theme this week. I've so enjoyed seeing what my fellow team members have created with the same supplies! We have a couple more projects to share this week to stop by again...if you dare!

I assembled my Layered Coffin with Cobweb Detail and covered the outside with a layer of black crackle paint. I added a canvas skull, keyhole and a bouquet of black roses to the lid and some hinges between the top and bottom layers.


I covered the inside of the coffin with a coat of the same black crackle paint and used the Poppy Mask and some acrylic paint to add colorful flowers to the coffin lid. I lined the coffin base with satin and lace. I colored my skeleton with gesso and Distress Ink and added some glitter glue to the cobweb for a bit of sparkle.





Thanks for stopping by today! Tando offers a wide range of Halloween Chipboard. If you're ready to start your Christmas crafts, check out the fantastic selection of Christmas Chipboard, Christmas Greetings and Specials.

5 comments:

Cocofolies said...

Great coffin Dana, love your set of embellishments on the lid that gives a solemn and beautiful impression, and the contrast with the even nearly cute inside scene !!! Coco xx

Gio said...

oh, I love the contrast between the black and the flowers. So feminine. Brilliant, Dana!

Kaz said...

That;s gorgeous Dana, I love the front decoration xx

Carol Plume said...

love your piece Dana - that mask looks fab on the inside... xx

Katherine said...

Beautiful - I love the mask and all that crackle paint.