Wednesday 8 July 2015

Layers week - Fridge magnet

Hi all,

here is my make for this weeks challenge.............


Lol sorry for the wonky pic, typical of me in general really!!!!!!

I started with one of the 74mm-138mm mixed media boards and put a layer of modelling paste through the Cogs Group Mask.
Once the paste was dry I added a thin layer of Decoart Gesso followed by a layer of Cobalt Teal Decoart Media fluid acrylic.
I replaced the mask and stippled a mixture of other fluid acrylics through in patches until I was happy with the result.



Elements from the Steampunk Wings and Cogs set and the Cogs Grab Bag were painted, again in Decoart fluid acrylic, and attached as shown. The word was added as I felt it needed one lol!

I have attached a magnetic strip to the back of the board and this is now brightening up my fridge as a fridge magnet.

If you fancy playing along with any of our themes this month and you would like to share your work with us please use the link at the top of the page. You will go into the monthly prize draw and be in with the chance of winning some of the gorgeous Tando goodies. If you fancy a browse in the on-line shop please pop on over HERE.

Many thanks for popping by today, your time is much appreciated.

Hugs

Dawn


3 comments:

Karen said...

This is fabulous Dawn!!! Love your colour combo xxx

Gez Butterworth said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS ♥

Karen Petitt said...

Lovely bright sunny colours with such amazing texture - it's gloriously fabulous! Karen