Saturday 18 July 2015

Rusty Old Compass By Dee (Anything Goes)

Hi everyone I am Dee with my first post as part of the Tando design team.
I would like to say a huge thank you to Di & the team for being so 
welcoming. I thought that I would give you  
a flavour of my style today.
So lets get started, I absolutely love Deco Art Media Line products 
which I used to create this piece.
For the center compass I covered it in texture sand paste 
and allowed to dry.
Next I painted the big compass in Deco Art media fluids Titan buff.
Then I stamped in black archival Andy skinners peeling 
paint from his Industrial Set
I then applied Crackle paste to parts of the main compass and 
allowed to dry prior to painting with burnt umber.
I finished it of with Andy's dirty wash.
Back to the center piece and I painted that with Burnt Umber,
  Prussian Blue Hue, Cobalt Turquoise Hue &
 Quinacridone Gold.
A spinner was attached, as was rivets this was then highlighted with gold
 gilding wax. I hope you liked the post please feel free to ask,
 any questions or just let me know what you think.
Cheers Dee x

Products Used

  1. Tando creative compass duo
  2. Deco Art Media Fluid acrylics in Burnt Umber, Prussian Blue Hue, Cobalt Turquoise Hue & Quinacridone Gold.
  3.  Deco Art Media Sand Texture Paste, Crackle paste & ultra matt medium.
  4. Spinner and stamps from my stash.





6 comments:

Karen said...

This is wonderful Dee! I look forward to seeing more of your gorgeousness my lovely x

Irit Shalom said...

Love this small art piece! Your embossing is perfect!

ionabunny said...

Very cool. Love all that texture. Hugz

Cocofolies said...

Wow, fabulous compass!!! :) xx

Jackie PN said...

Absolute gorgeousness Dee!! You never fail to impress me with your art!! Love your textures!! xo

Words and Pictures said...

Scrumptious textures and great use of all those DecoArt goodies. Fabulous!
Alison x