Tuesday 29 September 2015

Another Faery Door

I really love the idea of a Faery Door tucked away somewhere is a quiet corner of my home!  A place where Faeries can come and go undisturbed :-D  I haven't used the new kit for my door but wanted to show you that you can just as easily make one using other Tando shapes.  My door itself is made from a LARGE ARCH and the surround cut from a piece of a CHIPBOARD SHEET which come is different sizes.



All the paints used are DECOART MEDIA FLUID ACRYLICS.  The door itself has several layers of paint which has been dabbed on to give texture and to make it look worn.  When dry I added a layer of CLEAR CRACKLE GLAZE.  I used some DECOART TEXTURE SAND through the OBLONG SQUARE LONG mask around the door frame before adding paint and a layer of clear glitter paint.  The door hinges have been cut from one of the LOCKS & LATCHES and painted copper to match the door wooden doorknob.  I added some painted LEAVES and paper flowers to finish.


If you love the idea of making a Faery Door for yourself or the children in the family then please do and add it to our draw!  More information is on this months tab at the top of the blog page.  We would love to see what you make!!!!

Thank you so much for looking today, Take care, Karen x

2 comments:

Carol Plume said...

Fab door Karen xx

Dawn said...

Love this hon, a truly magical make x x x x