Thursday 7 January 2016

Time to Celebrate

Hi guys, Liz here today for my first post this year, I have used the Champagne mask to make a Champagne bottle effect which can be used for the New Year or a special Birthday etc,
It is the colour theme week this time so i have kept my bottle to those colours though of course others could be used too,
I traced around the outside of the separate bottle mask on water colour paper then went over the whole thing with a light covering of modeling paste, I kept this quite smooth too, 

I mixed some tinting base with a little Prussian Blue Hue fluid acrylic paint and painted the bottle base,
when dry I added another layer of the water colour paper as a rim for around the top, then I added some stenciling with modeling paste through the distressed sequin mask,
Next i added some crackle paste here and there along the edges, at this point I also slightly shaped the bottle by bending it slightly in the centre to give a rounded shape like a true bottle,

When all this was dry I took some Prussian Blue Hue onto a wet wipe and swiped the colour mainly over the modeling paste working slightly into the middle,

I then made a label using my computer and when I had cut it out, I coloured it with some distress ink, then a mini star coloured with silver metallic fluid paint finishes that off,
I then took some gilding flakes and stuck them onto the top of the bottle shape with  more on one side to look like the gold foil which has been left after the cork was popped!!
I then added some more of the stars to some craft wire, as well as cork I had made from tracing round the top of the bottle stencil and painting it first with yellow oxide then when dry some more gilding  flakes,

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and New Year, if you fancy joining us in this or any of our challenges just click on the link above,


Happy Crafting!!
Hugs Liz xx

1 comment:

Dana Tatar said...

This is just too fun! I love the gold flakes and the way you attached the stars and cork to the bottle. So creative!