Saturday 14 May 2016

It's All Going Crackle....

Hello Tando followers, Lisa here and welcome to another blog post from me. 
This weeks theme is crackle. I mean who doesn't love doing a good crackle???

So, I started with a 6 x 4 inch canvas board, one of the brilliant new mini masks from Tando and picked up some of the fabulous DecoArt products along the way. 

Here is my creation...


First, I gave the canvas a good coat of DecoArt paint using darker colours. I then applied a thick layer of DecoArt weathered wood over the top. While it was still wet, I applied a thin coat of DecoArt crackle paint.





This gave me a crackled textured base to work on. After everything was dry, I placed the Tando distressed sequins mini mask on the canvas board and scraped through a heavy amount of homemade texture paste to get some real texture. I continued to do this in random areas of the canvas. 




When the texture paste was completely dry, I painted over the whole canvas board with a wash of colour using DecoArt Media acrylic paints. 

I then went in with the embossing powder. I used copper and black powder and added multiple layers over and over. I also overheated the powder in areas to create its own crackle within the powder. 





Lastly, I stamped the Deep Red Weathered Wall stamp on to areas of the open spaces. 





Hope you like my crackle! 

If you would like to pop by my blog to see my creation in more detail and more images click here.

Thanks for popping by...
Lisa xxx




Tando Mini Mask - Distressed Sequins


Mini Mask - Distressed Sequins



2 comments:

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFULLY INTRIGUING Lisa. Wow - love how you used the weathered wood and just kept layering paints etc. TRULY LUSCIOUS. LOVE it. j.

Craftyfield said...

Yummy textures and cracking crackle!