New Facebook group to share your makes, competitions and more at https://www.facebook.com/groups/TandoCreativeZone/
New online retail store now open for all your Tando goodies at www.tando-creative.co.uk/catalog

Saturday, 30 July 2016

Butterfly key by Dee

Hi everyone Dee here with my latest post for the 
team. I have used mainly Deco Art products
on this rather lovely Tando key.
Firstly I used texture sand paste which I then
painted with raw umber media acrylic
paint.
Next a bit of weather wood to some area's.
I followed this with crackle paint which was left to 
dry naturally.
While the key was drying I Stamped the Stampendous
butterflies on to white card.
                                      I then painted them with clear Gesso and allowed to dry.
I went back to the key which had dried and crackled
beautifully
I used a ultra matt varnish wash over it to seal the
 crackle and give an aged 
I painted area's to give an aged affect and the texture sand
I dabbed with embossing fluid and sprinkled 
chunky gold and aged copper embossing 
powder and heat set.
The butterfly's both were coloured with ecoline
inks and beads were used to form the body
of the butterfly.
A little treasure gold and glued the two butterfly's together
and attached to the key with hot glue.
I hope you have all enjoyed my 
project today.

Products used
  1. Tando creative:- MDF Key Large
  2. Deco Art:- Texture Sand Paste Ultra Matte varnish, White Crackle PAINtBurnt Umber, Paynes GreyPrussian Blue Hue Quinacridone Gold.
  3. Stampendous products:-Embossing powders, Chunky Gold, Chunky copper, Butterfly stamp
  4. From my stash beads, crackle accents.
Cheers Dee x

13 comments:

Diane said...

Stunning Dee !!

hugs Diane xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Absolutely stunning, beautiful inspiration to start the weekend off.. I've been using such embellishments in my mixed media recently and they really do enhance projects. Thank you so much for sharing this magnificent piece x

Redanne said...

This is gorgeous Dee, I loved seeing how you brought this all together, the crackling is stunning - as is the butterfly! x

Zoe Sanderson said...

This is Gorgeous, love the Keys they way you have dressed this is delicious. XOXO Zoe (not a robot)

Kathy Bradley said...

Your key is so very gorgeous! The textures, colors and aging techniques are awesome, and, the butterfly is beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

barbara macaskill said...

OMG!! This is absolutely awe-inspiring! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! TFS!

Joi at RR said...

Completely INCREDIBLE Dee. Your texture is just AMAZING. What a lovely butterfly. SUPER creativity and inspiration. Xj.

Robin said...

This is exquisite! That butterfly looks amazing!! Love love love it!! Hugs, Robin

Brenda Brown said...

Brilliant textures, ageing and outcomes Dee, love this xxx

craftytrog said...

Fantastic!!!

craftytrog said...

Fantastic!!!

Carol Plume said...

stunning piece Dee xx

Lisa H said...

oh, this is so pretty!