Wednesday 14 June 2017

Anything Goes Week

Hi!  I couldn't resist this large 11"square MDF frame when I saw it and bought a few :-D  This one has been decorated with lots of DecoArt Mixed Media products available from Tando.


To start I drew around the inner side of the outer section (that made sense in my head hahaha!) then glued some embellishments inside the square I had drawn.  I also added some of the removed sections of the textured heart I was going to add later...


Then I went over it all with some gesso...


Then some Primary Magenta mixed with a little Tinting Base...


Nooooooooo.....TOO BRIGHT so I dulled it back with some more gesso :-D ...


The MDF surround and the Textured Heart were painted in Cobalt Teal Hue mixed with Tinting Base.  When dry I spread Crackle Glaze over the Teal Hue.  When that was dry I added a layer of Antiquing Cream in White which was wiped off again when dry.  Then it was all put together.


Thank you for taking a look today, take care, Karen xxx

No comments: