Thursday 24 August 2017

3D Skeleton Shrine


Hi! Dana here today sharing the Shrine I altered for the 3D theme this week. The holiday decorations have already hit the stores, so I thought it would be fun to get a bit of a head start on my Halloween crafting. I altered a shrine a couple weeks ago that was pretty and elegant (click HERE to see that piece), so I was ready for this project to be a little more frightful.

I started this project by priming both sides of all the pieces of the shrine with a white spray primer. Next, I spread DecoArt White Modelling Paste over the Stripes Mask onto the outer sides and roof of the shrine. Once the paste was dry, I sprayed the same pieces with a silver mist. Finally, I inked the pieces with several colors of chalk ink and assembled walls of the shrine, holding the pieces together with hot glue.


Next, I spritzed the inside of the shrine with yellow and black mist. I love the moldy looking result! I used hot glue to attach a skeleton, resin rose, and moss to the back wall of the shrine. I added some gold rhinestone trim around the base of the shrine.



I finished this piece by gluing on the roof. I embellished the roof with metallic sticker trim, more moss, and a brass cross that I distressed with Black Diamond ColoriQue.

You can find the products I used for this project in the Tando Creative Retail Store. We'd love to see your creativity! Share your work with us in Tando's Creative Zone on Facebook.

No comments: