Friday 17 November 2017

Anything Goes - Shrine or Bird House??

Hello!

A few weeks ago I was meant to be sharing my shrine with you all as part of the Same but Different week, unfortunately due to other events I didn't get my project finished and wasn't able to post in time, so I thought I would share it now as part of the Anything Goes week!



As soon as I received my shrine I thought it would make a perfect little bird house and wanted it to have a colourful feel.  Usually I stick my projects together then decorate, but as I wanted to have decoration both inside and out I decorated all the pieces first.
I used cobalt teal hue fluid acrylic with tinting base to create the main house colour and then stencilled through the numbers mini stencil with the darker shade.  To match in with the numbers I used a number stamp from Wow! with archival sepia ink and finally added some white gesso using bottle tops and an old gift card.

To decorate the roof I first applied structure paste through the criss cross mini stencil and then once dry added burnt umber acrylic and some patina gilding wax...


The house of course needed some birds to live in it so I put together 2 birds using the Whimsical Birds sets 1 and 2.  These were painted using cadmium red, pyrole orange and hansa yellow light then stamped with the number stamp to match the house.  I also wanted to tie in some of the white so used a white Pitt pen to add some extra details.  I decided to add some googly eyes instead of the ones in the set as I just love googly eyes!!...


I put most of the house together and attached the inside bird using large foam pads to make it stand away from the back, then put on the front and roof and then attached the other bird.
To add extra decoration I stamped some flowers from the Dylusions set 'How Does Your Garden Grow?' and the sentiment from Dina Wakely's 'Scribbly Birds' set.  These were all cut out and then coloured with distress inks before being attached...


This is why I love Tando Creative products so much, as they can become whatever you want them to be and take many different mediums so well!

The products I used can be found on the Tando Creative website by clicking on the links below...

* Shrine 1
* Whimsical Birds 1
* Whimsical Birds 2
* Mini Stencil - Numbers
* Mini Stencil - Criss Cross
* Decoart Fluid Acrylics
* Decoart Tinting Base

Thank you for reading and happy crafting!

Jane xx

No comments: