Monday 11 December 2017

Snowflake Noel - Brenda

Hi Brenda here with one of my stand up cards using white backed media chipboard cut to 12 1/2 x 18 cms. This design uses a snowflake flourish set I had in my supplies made by Tando but I'm not sure if it is available at the moment. The techniques and finish were inspired by attending Andy Skinner's Mixology class back in November and I used media fluid acrylic paints and chalk paint to get this lovely coloured snowy feel.


The chipboards and die-cuts are adhered to the greyboard first of all....


.... and when they are dry paint a good coat of blue with decoart acrylics and when that has dried stipple some Everlasting chalky finish paint over the whole surface but leave some of the blue showing through. You have about 15 minutes to knock back areas and edges of the shapes to reveal a little more of the blue beneath. Use a damp babywipe and dry kitchen towel.


I had glued one of the sentiment diecuts on the greyboard and once the layers of paints had been added and dried I stuck another over the top cut from textured card and sanded so that it still looked part of the shabby snowy feel.


The only embellishment is a single gem in the middle of the snowflake .....


.... and I added a stand at the back so that it can become a stand-up Christmas card.


I am still making Christmas cards, I seem to be so behind with things but I am sure it will all get finished before the big day.

Media boards, Christmas chipboards and DecoArt acrylic paints and chalky finish paints are all available in the store.

Thanks for stopping by.

hugs Brenda xxx

No comments: