Tuesday 16 January 2018

Anything Goes - A Divided Box

Hello!

It is Anything Goes week on the Tando Creative blog so I decided it was about time that I decorated my Kate Crane Divided Box that has been sitting waiting for a while!

I always need more storage and it will also give me somewhere to display my decorated tags and boards when they are made...


To complete this I did all my painting and stamping before sticking the box together at the end.
First I gave all the pieces a light coat of tinting base as I didn't want anything too thick that would stop the elements fitting correctly.
Next I used a brayer to apply acrylic paint.  I used 3 colours and dried each layer in between to stop the colours from muddying together...

 
Once the paint had been dried thoroughly I used the Marks stamp set by Stampendous with Archival ink.  I started by using some of the stamps with coloured ink that matched the paint then finished with the crosses in black ink for contrast. 
Then I put the box together using a strong white glue and added gold gilding wax to the edges.
The final touch was to cover the book plate with gilding wax and then use some clear backed word stickers on the front, putting one behind the book plate.  To finish I added a couple of enamel dots...
 


Here are the links to the main products used...

* Divided Box
* Marks Stamp Set

Happy crafting,

Jane xx

No comments: