Wednesday 8 August 2018

Wings - Artful Flight ATC's

Hello!

This week on the Tando Creative blog the theme is wings.  I have realised over time that much of what I create seems to incorporate wings in one form or another and today I am sharing two ATC's that I created using the steampunk wings and cogs...


I started with the greyboard ATC blanks by Tando and used sand texture paste through the mini cog stencil.  I wanted half of the winged cogs on each ATC and as the greyboard is more pliable than other substrates I was able to cut the pieces I needed in half with scissors.  These were then glued to the ATC's and some layered up.  After this both of the boards were both coated with tinting base...


Next I mixed some crackle paint with green gold and cobalt teal hue acrylics and painted the whole of both pieces again.  Once dry I used layers of blue acrylic paint in washes (cobalt teal, cobalt blue and phathlo turquoise) drying in between layers and then finishing with some quinacridone gold.  To help the edges of the cogs and ATC stand out I dry brushed some metallic gold paint across them then used some sepia archival ink which I applied using a sponge...


To finish I added metallic gold splatters and a couple of word stickers.

To create my project I used:

* Greyboard ATC's
Steampunk Wings and Cogs
* Tando Mini's - Cogs
* Mini Cogs Stencil
* Decoart Mediums
* Decoart Fluid Acrylics

There will be more winged inspiration throughout the week which I can't wait to see!

Thank you for looking and happy crafting,

Jane xx

1 comment:

Gina said...

Gorgeous pieces, I don't know if I would be able to part with them lol :D XXX