Wednesday 19 September 2018

Texture Week - Splatter Mini Book

Hello!

It is texture week this week on the Tando Creative blog and I decided to decorate one of the Tando mini books using both crackle texture and also creating texture through the paint layers...


After preparing the cover with gesso I added crackle paste through the splatters mini stencil and allowed it to dry overnight.  The next day I painted the whole cover with green gold acrylic paint from Decoart and then added cobalt blue hue with a small brayer to create a textured appearance.  To add even more to the layers I then splattered some watered down primary magenta over the whole piece...

 
I wanted to help the stencilled texture stand out more so used some archival black ink rubbed gently across the surface and also a touch of gold gilding wax.  Then I added some stamping using a script stamp and ink around the edges to create a frame.  Finally for the focal point I painted one of the Tando hearts and added glaze to the top.  Once this was dry I sponged some more black ink around the heart and finally secured it to the cover along with a sticker sentiment.
 
For this project I used:
 
 
Thank you for reading.
 
Happy crafting,
 
Jane xx


No comments: