Saturday 24 November 2018

Anything Goes Week - Autum Artist Trading Coins by Nikki

Morning everyone,

Today I'm sharing with you some Artist Trading Coins I made for a swap with a lovely friend.  I had missed the deadline to enter and she offered to swap just with me, so it was really nice and personal to trade coins.

We made three coins each, using Tando Creatives Artist Trading Coins made from Greyboard, which takes practically anything you throw at it paint wise.

These were my gorgeous coins from my friend, I love the fact they are 3 similar coins, and I had a thought to put them on the front of some mini drawers or something as decoration at some stage.


I made three coins also, and had fun following the Autumn theme.


The Leaf coin was triple embossed and a fern leaf stamped into the hot embossing powder.  The other side was painted with a rust technique, and then I used crackle glaze.  I wasn't happy with the finish so painted the rust back over the crackle glaze, which added effect.  The word Autumn was added from stickers from my stash.


The bird coin was first painted in Crackle paint, and then given a coat of quinacridone gold.  The tree branch was painted in raw umber, and highlighted with Metallic Lustre.  I embossed the bird and wing in two colours, and then edged the coin with Quinacridone Magenta.


The final coin was painted with Tinting Base, and then given a coat of crackle paint.  When dry and cracked, I gave it a wash of Raw Umber, and then Quinacridone Gold.  I used a bookplate and embossed, and added the word Autumn.  I put Triple Thick Glaze over the word inside the bookplate.


Hope you like them, I enjoyed the process and swapping coins is great fun!

Best Wishes,

Nikki K
xxx

Items Used:

Tando Creative Artist Trading Coins
Trando Creative Book Plates

DecoArt Media Line: Crackle Paint, Crackle Glaze, Tinting Base, Triple Thick Glaze, Raw Umber, Quinacridone Gold, Metallic Lustre, Quinacridone Magenta,

Stampendous Embossing Enamels.

Andy Skinner Fossils Stamp set (Fern).





No comments: