Monday 3 December 2018

Colour theme week - Brenda

Welcome, it's Brenda here with the start of the December Colour Theme week and what a gorgeous palette it is.





Don't you just love the contrasting shabby tones and those pine cones reflecting the colours?
I decided that to do this justice I needed to focus on some colour mixing and I used one of my charts to record what I did. Of course it's impossible to say how much I used each time but I always add less than I think I need because I can always add more but can't take it away! But I'm pretty pleased with the closeness of the colour shades (from left to right) #s 1, 4 & 5. #2 is represented by cerulean blue and #3 is titan buff.


So here's my finished mini winter sketchbook.


Decorated with sparkly snowflakes on the outside and ......

 
With watercolour pages inside and two magnets to hold the flap closed.


There are some process steps over at Bumblebees nd Butterflies if you'd like to see how it all came together.


Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your week.

hugs Brenda xxx

1 comment:

Neet said...

Fab palette and I do like what you used those colours on and how you used them. xxx
Hugs Neet xx