Saturday 13 July 2019

Same but Different - Layering Stencils by Nikki K


Morning all,

This week we have shown a few different ways to use the Layering Stencils, I created a folder with mini binder inside for Di's Hochanda shows a month or two ago, and thought I would share it with you now.


I painted the folder white first, then layers of  colour were added, with background stamping and crackle.

The Flourish stencil comes in 3 layers, and the middle bit for a mask if needed as well.  I used modelling paste for each layer, which builds your design in different area's to make it more 3d. 


The Leaves Layered stencil works similarly, and I did the little binder with this.  It even has the veins of the leaves standing out more. 


I painted the binder in teal, and added Metallic Lustre with my finger to age it.


Love how the mini binder fits in the larger folder pocket, a really handy folder and art case.

Best Wishes,

Nikki K
xxx

Products Used:
Concertina Binder
Layering Stencil - Flourish
Layering Stencil - Vine

DecoArt Media Line:
Raw Sienna
Tinting Base
Cobalt Teal Hue
Metallic Lustre - Iced Coffee
Chalk - Lace
Metallic Silver
Quinacridone Gold
Paynes Grey

Other product:
Background Stamp - Andy Skinner Textures.
Turquoise Ink.


No comments: