Thursday 9 April 2020

Crackle week - 'Safe' by Nikki


Morning everyone,

It's my turn this week to do a crackle piece, and I made this tag.

I took a Tando tag and painted in random colours, red, yellow and orange all over, then spritzed with white mister to knock the colours back.  On top of this I put a layer of Crackle glaze.


I stencilled in modelling paste on the heart with the grid stencil, and painted the heart red.  I used the Chalk Crackle medium next, and then a layer of chalk paint to bring out the crackle.


The book plate was simply embossed with mixed media embossing powder, and the word 'safe' taken from the dictionary and framed.  I used Heavy Gel medium to glue all my pieces together, and give the word a protective coating inside the plate.


I went back to the tag once the crackle was dry, and used green patina antiquing cream to age it and show the crackle, and then used mixed media transfers to add detail.  Sometimes I like a colour change!



Hope you like it and have a go yourself. xx

Best Wishes, stay safe.

Nikki.
xxx

Products Used:

Tando Creative:
Tags
Bookplates
Heart

Andy Skinner:
Chalk Paint
Mixed Media Transfers
Mixed Media Embossing Powder - Funky Cold Patina

DecoArt Media:
Heavy Gel Medium
Crackle Glaze
Pyrrole Red Media Line
Primary Yellow Media Line
Vermillion Media Line
White Shimmer Mister
Green Patina Antiquing Cream
Americana Chalk Crackle Medium

No comments: