Wednesday 28 October 2020

Halloween Week- Nevermore- Fiona Randall

 

Morning all it's Halloween Week here on the Tando Blog.

Rather than the Traditional Halloween of Scary withches, Pumpkins, Skeletons and Bats I decided to go Dark and Gothic With a Poe themed project.


I started with a Tando Gothic Arch Layered frame and glued together all the frame pieces and then gave it a coat of DecoArt Chalky Finish in Carbon. Then added a couple of coats of DecoArt Ultra Matte Varnish to seal. I then decided to create my background Paper using a gothic Halloween Stamp from Tim Holtz. I used the old technique of stamping with versamark ink adding embossing powder and heat set. Next I inked all over with black soot distress ink. I then covered with a piece of paper and applied a hot iron all over to remove the embossing powder leaving me with a grungy distressed background. I  then cut a piece of Tando greyboard to the desired size and added the background paper and then inked the edges with a Black Archival Ink Pad. I then cut another panel of grey board to size used an edger die to achieve the Ornate edge at the top. I then gave this the same treatment as the frame. The gothic layered fram comes with arch shaped inner pieces and I applied the left over background paper to this also. I then glued the frame to the arch base and inserted the paper covered inner piece. A tando bookplate was then painted and a stamped image of Poe attached. this was then glued to the inner frame. Some Tando Harlequin extra thins were given the same embossing treatment as the background paper. A raven and the title were then stamped and fussy cut. Finally all the layers were applied to the base layered up with off cuts of grey board to give depth and dimension. The title and the raven added to complete.

I hope you have enjoyed this short little tutorial. Do stop by the rest of the week to see what the other Team Members have in store for you.
Thanks for stopping by today
Stay Safe
Hugs Fiona.


PRODUCTS USED.







Other Products

Archival Ink- Black

Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Glaze Hickory Smoke

Tim Holtz Distress Ink- Black Soot

Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Halloween Background Stamps.

Poe and Raven Stamps- Discontinued from my own stash.



No comments: