Thursday 7 January 2010

HOME SWEET HOME

Hello , its Karen here with my first piece for 2010!  I hope that you are all keeping warm & safe!

I have been playing with these  Home Sweet Home pieces...


They are a lovely size to work with and I have recycled a canvas I got in the sales for this (the pic was gross hehe) and used it back to front!  I used a pack of Basic Grey Sugared for this project.


After I had covered the words & house with paper I didn't like it so I then went over it with chalk ink to make it darker!  The swirls on the background have been slightly glittered by puting stickles on my finger & gently dabbing.  I did the same with the flowers.  Before I covered the house I traced the heart shape which I cut out & set on foam pads.  The roof is DONE using the wiggly card stickers that came with the pack.  I stuck plainer paper round the 'frame' and then dabbed at it with a white chalk ink.  I left the inside of the frame plain as I thought the pine went well.

Hope you like this as these pieces make a lovely gift when made up!  HUGS XXX

4 comments:

Di said...

Oh this is stunning, I love what you've done with the chippie. What an inspirational canvas xx

Sharon said...

I love this! A clever idea to use the letters separately from the house too.

Kaz said...

This is lovely Karen, those papers are perfect for it. xx

Traceyr said...

That is really beautiful Karen I like the idea of applying stickles with your finger for a glitery effect. Love the shape of the hearts too.

:)