Monday 11 January 2010

KEY TO MY HEART MINI BOOK SET

Hello, did you all know that its just under 5weeks till Valentines Day???  Time for us crafters to be getting on with all things soppy for our other halves I think hehe!  Di sent me this lovely book to play with.  Its a really good size...the heart itself is 5x41/2inches!  Plenty of room for photo's & journalling.



This little book is such a pretty shape that I sooo wanted to make it very girly but as its for hubby I think he might have raised an eyebrow or two haha.  So I have butched it up with red, black & beige.  I have yet to add the journalling as its a bit private so I am sure I will be forgiven.



I alternated the pages between red polka dot & beige swirly papers.  Then I added some black soot distress ink around the edges to make it more masculine, adding black brilliane ink at the very edges.  The keyhole (which lifts out...brilliant) I painted black then utee'd.  While it was still hot I stamped into it.  I did the same with one of the keys (you get two in the pack but I only used one).

It still looked a bit bare so I wrapped string around the 'handle' and carefully around the attached lock.  I added a red feather & some beads to a brass chain from my stash to keep it all together.

Thank you for taking a look today.  There are many more Valentine goodies on the way soon. HUGS XXX

6 comments:

Sharon said...

This is gorgeous Karen!
I love how you have chosen the traditional valentine colours - definitely appropiate for a male.
I also like how you have made the key and lock.
x

Janice said...

Love this heart, you've made a great job of it Karen. I really like the string on the handle.

Net said...

Wow! Karen that is fab, not sure I'd call it butch though. I masculine with a hint of sauciness. J will adore it I'm sure.

Hazel said...

Gorgeous crafting - the added string is very creative - love it x

Di said...

A gorgeous piece of work Karen, what a fab idea with the string xx

Traceyr said...

OOO you can't go wrong with red and black on valentine's day can you?

And so good to see an original idea for a book and shape in the padlock and key chipboard.

:)