Saturday 9 January 2010

With Love

Hi it's Sharon here. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and I wish you all the very best for 2010....x

With all this snow that is around it is hard to think of anything other than wintery things however Valentine's Day is just around the corner and if you want to start creating something special for someone special then what better time than now when it is so cold outside.

I have been doing just that for a few days as I got this wonderful With Love Heart stand to play with. It is a sweet little stand up interlocking chipboard heart decoration with the letters spelling WITH LOVE. Each heart measures approximately 80mm x 75mm and the letters are 50mm tall




I pondered for quite a while as to the colour scheme I was going to use for this but in the end I decided upon a non conventional Valentine mix of turquoise and red. I have recently bought some of the Bo Bunny Love Bandit and Persuasion papers and decided to use them and chose the colours from them.

First of all I covered each heart piece with either Persuasion Love Notes or Whoo Loves You patterned papers, alternating each paper. I also covered the backs of the hearts with the opposite paper from the front. I then sanded and inked the edges with creamy brown chalk ink and doodled inside the edges with a white gel pen to give a stitched effect.
To make the letters I triple embossed them with UTEE using Blonde Moments Angelic Teal and Cosmic Shimmer Tropic Red. To finish each letter I sprinkled a little of the opposite colour of UTEE on to the top layer to give a slightly mottled effect.
I attached each letter with tacky glue and added some small paper roses.

On the back of the wall stand you could put photographs or love quotes to decorate, however I really wanted to use the deer, bird, racoon and owl characters that were on the Love you Deerly paper so I punched some out using an oval punch and inked the edges and added them to every second piece raising them with pop up dots. The small hearts were cut from the offcuts of the Love Notes paper.

I also punched smaller circles of some of the characters, inked the edges and adhered to a button. They were then put on every alternating heart.



I thoroughly enjoyed decorating this With Love Heart Stand. Click on each picture for a close up view and as always thanks for looking.....x

9 comments:

Janice said...

Oh that is stunning Sharon. I LOVE it lol!

Di said...

Oh my, this is stunning Sharon, I love it xx

Gez Butterworth said...

Beautiful Sharon. Some of my fav papers. :-)

Di said...

Ooo, snap Janice! I wasn't copying...honest LOL!

Sharon said...

Gez, seeing as I have now cut the papers I'd better buy more LOL....x

Kaz said...

That's just gorgeous Sharon xx

Traceyr said...

Love what you have done with that chipboard Sharon. And how ingenious to have hearts standing up in a row. Wonderful Di.

:)

Anonymous said...

Love this Sharon - love the papers and the colours are superb

diane

Karen said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Sharon!!! Brilliant crafting! XXX