Thursday 25 February 2010

3D BASKET with HANDLE


Oh I just love this basket!!!  Its really sturdy and its sooo big!!!!  The top measures 8x6 inches so you can get lots in it.  Below I have put some daffodils in it.  Yes...the base is strong enough to take the weight of the wire mesh & the water in the tub (I found that an old take-away tub fitted perfectly haha).  As you can see I am no flower arranger as there should have been some greenery in there too!  The basket just slots together & there is no need for glue as it stays put!


I covered the outside of the 2 long sides with paper (pastel petite plaid by Junkitz) and the 2 shorter sides with purple bazill.  All painted all the insides in yellow acrylic.  The chippie is from my own stash wich has been painted to match & stickles applied.  The handle has holes corresponding with the base so that you can use a brad for fixing...this also means you can move the handle to one side.  But I chose to wrap ribbon round and through the holes before tying.  The handle is still held very well!  Here are some close ups...

the inside...


where the handle attaches...


the sides...


the finished basket...


This basket is so versatile...you can go to town on it.  I have kept it fairly plain BUT imagine what it would look like decorated for Christmas with sweets or little presents in, for a baby shower, for a pampering present filled with goodies.  Imagine lace around the top with little charms hanging down.  Can you tell I am in love with this yet??? hahaha

Thank you so much for looking today, HUGS XXX

8 comments:

Gez Butterworth said...

Stunning Karen. Looks quite a good size for a basket. Love the colours you have chosen & the ribbon around the handle looks fab :)

Di said...

Absolutely gorgeous Karen, I love what you have done with this xx

Sharon said...

I love what have done with this Karen. I think I need one now LOL I could just imagine it filled with my small inkpads to sit on my desk. :-)

Kaz said...

This is stunning Karen, I love the colours and the way you've put the ribbon around the handle.
I can see many possibilities with it - and I'm liking Sharon's suggestion for inkpads. Hhhmmmm!! xxx

Anonymous said...

gorgeous!!!! sooooo many ideas :)

Angelnorth said...

Lovely job Karen, looks great in the pastel colours for a bit of spring air! Love what you did with the ribbon around the handle!

Janice said...

What a clever little basket, I can think of lots of uses for that.

tracy said...

thats beautiful karen :) well done on a great design di :)