Saturday 13 February 2010

Cat Candlestick

Hi it's Sharon here - with this project I am either 4 months late or 8 months early! However I am going to opt for 8 months early so I can feel good about being so organised LOL. Mind you I often make things out of season just because I feel like it and that is what happened when I received this next piece of chipboard. These cute curly tailed cats come in packs of 2. I used the large one which is approximately 145mm x 95mm. Karen used the small one here.



I really wanted to make this cat in to something Halloween themed so chose to decorate a candlestick.



To decorate the cat I applied Viva Decor Ferro paste in charcoal and stamped with a Tim Holtz stamp to make the texture. I dried it with a heat gun to also give a bubbled effect. Once dry I painted black paint in to the grooves and then rubbed off the top layer of paint so that the Ferro showed through. I lightly sponged some silver acrylic paint over the top and finished off by rubbing on some pearl grey and berry metallic paints on parts. The Tando chipboard is so thick it really does take any medium you put on it!

The candlestick was originally black however I coloured it with alcohol inks to make it more purple and mottled. The paper tag is made with Rusty Pickle paper and the circles attached to wire are stamped with Papertrey Ink Halloween Tag stamps and punched out.

Thanks for looking....x

5 comments:

Angelnorth said...

What a great idea for the cat, this looks fantastic Sharon! I just got some Ferro (and some Crocco and Terra!) to play with, love the effect you got with it!

Janice said...

Lovely effect Sharon.

Scrappy~Sarah said...

Stunning effect :)

Karen said...

WOW I LOVE this effect on the cat Sharon and what a brill idea for Halloween! Well done XXX

Di said...

What a fantastic effect Sharon and nothing wrong with being organised and getting ahead of yourself LOL xx