Saturday 20 February 2010

CHIPBOARD/LAMINATE BOOK - OCTAGONAL

Now for something completely different...well I haven't seen these before haha.  Its Karen here and I have been working with a little octagonal book (107x107mm) with a difference.  All the pages are self-laminating and very easy to use.    The possibilities are endless with these pages.


I made a little book in honour of my late mother-in-law, Sybil. 

I chose to have the ties up near the top rather than the side for a change.  As always this lovely quality chipboard can take all you throw at it.  I used Websters Pages (mini book) throughout, cutting some of the pretty patterns  to add in too.  By carefully arranging your paper you can create some pretty effects.  On this page I have put the paper behind the laminating then stamped on top with stazon.  mmmm...must check that stamp, the spelling looks off haha!  I did try to emboss...big mistake!!!!!

On this one I put the background behind the laminating & then the picture, frame & flower on top. 

On this one the picture & other papers are behind the laminating with just the scroll, roses & bling on top.

On this page some paper is underneath the laminating while some is on the top with the scroll & rose.  I stamped the word 'dream' in stazon.  This layering gives a very pretty effect and the paper sticks easily onto the laminate.



There are a few more pages in my book but they use the same methods.  So if you fancy a book with a difference try this one, there are other shapes in the range too.  Thank you for looking today, HUGS XXX

5 comments:

Di said...

Wow, I love all the layering and how you've utilised the laminate....fabulous xx

Gez Butterworth said...

Beautiful Karen. The colours are fab.xx

Janice said...

your book is lovely Karen and what a stroke of genius having self laminating layers!

Sharon said...

This is brilliant Karen - I loved looking at all your photos - lots of layering and gorgeous pages...x

Traceyr said...

Very unique book there Karen. Love the different looks the laminated and non-laminated pages have given you. :)