Wednesday 5 October 2011

Spooky Printer Tray



I used the 15 x 15 cms ~{Printer Tray}~ to make this Spooky Tray. This one comes with a cover which I've saved to use for another project.

The tray itself comes as three separate identical pieces so you can make your tray the thickness that you prefer. I've used all 3 layers for depth.

I made a background on thick paper using watery Distress Inks, then ran Distress Stain along the top, sprayed this with a bit of water and let it merge and drip. I then added some Dylusions spray ink. This was stuck onto the base of the tray.

I've stuck the 3 layers together with Glossy Accents, then painted them with acrylic paint. Once dry, I've rubbed some brown ink on with my finger.

I took 2 of the smaller bats from the ~{Grab Bag of Bats}~ and coloured them with Distress Stain - how quick and easy was that? I've used my fave Uni Posca white pen for the eyes and inked around the edges.

I then added a selection of Spooky stamps to fit the gaps and some metal charms dabbed with black acrylic paint and white rub-on letters.

Kaz xxx

2 comments:

Karen said...

ooooooooooo this is stunning Kaz!!!! x

Carol Plume said...

wow! how spoookkkkkyyyyy....love it xx