Friday 19 October 2012

Flying altered CD

Hi, it's Caro here. Today I have an altered CD for you where I used some of the mini birds. Oh I love the tando minis you can use there everywhere and the birds are so cute!!

http://www.tando-creative.co.uk/trade/grab-mini-birds-p-437.html
I have taken an old CD, took an old credit card and smeared gesso on the CD - you can create some patterns with this technique! When the gesso was dry I used AAIs to color it. The birds are colored with Distress Stains.

This is the first side of the CD

And this is the second side

2 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Just been enjoying this over at Caro's blog - just fabulous altering!
Alison x

Katherine said...

I love all that texture with the paint, I've never been that great at using alcohol inks...but I need to dig them out now :)