Sunday 24 February 2013

Distressed ATC


Hi Tando fans!  Dana here today sharing an ATC I created for the Distressed theme this week. Tando chipboard is almost indestructible, so to make distressing easier for myself, I soaked my Artist Trading Card in water until the layers began to separate. I pulled the thinner top and bottom layers from the thicker middle layer and let them dry overnight. I used one of the thinner layers for the top, distressed piece of this card, which I then adhered to the thicker middle layer for added support.


I set eyelets around the edge of the top layer and stitched some twine through the holes.  I cut slits with a craft knife and opened them up a bit to distress the top layer further.  Peeking through the holes is a piece of denim. I used gesso, mist and ink to add color to this card and then piled on the embellishments.


I thought it would be fun to add some charms to the bottom!



Thanks so much for stopping by today!

1 comment:

Carol Plume said...

This is fab Dana - really loving the cuts and distressed look of the atc...great work xx