Saturday 13 April 2013

Town and Country - Orlando



Hello everyone,

 For the Town and Country theme this week I created a page using the houses grab bag and teamed it up with a photo of our villa from our holiday in Florida last year. I chose some of the Amy Tangerine Yes Please papers too as one of them is full of house prints.  The papers have watercolour drips on them so I took this as my inspiration for decorating the chipboard houses (here is the link if you would like to see my paper inspiration).  

I started by covering the chipboard in gesso and letting it dry.  I then dug out my watercolour paints and mixed some co-ordinating colours - a bright pinky red, a deep blue and yellow.  I used a large paintbrush and filled it with each colour so it would drip really easily onto the gesso.  As you can see from the close up some of the drips merged and you get greeny colours too - I also sometimes dried the colours  between layers too so the colours wouldn't mix.  The last thing was to ink around the edges with some tea dye distress ink.



Katherine

1 comment:

Annette said...

I have just purchased one of chipboard wreaths from my local craft shop and it is LOVELY. I popped onto your website as soon as I got home for some inspiration and have fallen in love with loads more of your chipboard items. I can't wait to use my new purchase, and am sure it will be the first of many!!
Annette