Sunday 8 June 2014

BLACK & YELLOW WEEK

Hello there, its Karen here today!  mmm...Black & Yellow?  I really wasn't too sure how to tackle this one but I got there in the end.  The colours sounded a bit Oriental to me so I have used a LARGE and  a SMALL FAN to make a decorative hanging.  I just attached the smaller one over the larger one and am actually quite pleased with how it turned out :-D


I painted the base of the larger fan and the frame of the smaller fan with black Fresco acrylic.  I also painted some Fresco Yellow Submarine over a sheet of white card and some patterned paper.  Using Black ink I stamped a few Lynne Perrella ladies onto the yellow and using the large frame as a template cut them out.  (Please note that every segment is slightly different) The rest of the segments were cut out plain and a crackle stamp stamped in black over them.


I then covered the smaller base with the painted patterned paper.  You can't see it very well in the photo but its calligraphy haha!  The smaller frame was then attached.  I painted some Clear Glamour Dust over all the black areas and when dry attached the 2 fans together.  To finish off I added some butterflies cut out of some patterned paper and a black flower to the base (but you can't see it in the photo sadly)

The *LARGE ORIENTAL FAN* comes on it own while the *SMALL FAN* comes with a MEDIUM FAN in a pack.

Thank you for looking today, Take care, Karen xxx

3 comments:

Kerri-Jo Sharp said...

Karen, this is absolutely fantastic!! I definitely need to make one of these for my new craftroom when we get back to the states!! Thanks for sharing!!
Hugs!!

Carol Plume said...

what a great fan Karen - love the tones you've used xx

Cocofolies said...

It's really gorgeous Karen, great use of these stamps and the two fans!! Hugs Coco xx