Sunday 1 June 2014

MASK/STENCIL WEEKEND

Hellooo!  I have tried lots of different makes of MASKS/STENCILS and I really have found that Tando Creative are the best ones.  They are very sturdy  (but not too thick that they are useless iyswim) and very strong.  They take anything that you can throw at them...a good scrub and they are as good as new! There is a huge variety to suit all tastes and we also make for Andy Skinner and Neil Walker.  Here I have used 2 on my 7x5 inch canvas along with a large bird from one of Tando's 1st kits.


For the background I used some Modelling Paste through the ANDY SKINNER SUNBURST MASK and when dry covered the whole canvas in DecoArt Turquoise acrylic, adding some Gothic Purple Stazon around the edges and a little over the ridges.  Then I added some Glossy Accents to some of the raised areas.  For the BIRD - I trimmed him off his base and dabbed different colour acrylics over him before adding some Sparkle Medium in Amethyst through the LONG FLOURISH MASK.  When that was dry and accented it with the Stazon again.  The LETTERS are also by Tando and have been painted and glossy accents applied.  I finished off with some Prima leaves and flowers.

The bird came from this kit...


The masks that I used...these are 8x8 inch and 12x3 inch so a good size...




and the letters...

A TIP FOR CLEANING your masks - some of the DT put theirs in a dishwasher, which works.  I am a bit naughty with mine and leave them till they are gunky then I use spray oven cleaner on them - works a treat!!! 

Thank you for looking, take care, Karen xxx

4 comments:

cheryl said...

oh just love this hun that bird is fab,I love using stencils,and you have created a lush work of art here hun hugs Cherylxx

cheryl said...

oh just love this hun that bird is fab,I love using stencils,and you have created a lush work of art here hun hugs Cherylxx

maria's knutselplezier said...

Lovely bird creation , great image , and colours!! the bird is really wonderful!!

Greetings
Maria

Carol Plume said...

what a striking piece Karen - that bird is gorgeous xx