Friday 14 November 2014

Christmas Countdown Frame


I've been playing with the new ~{Christmas Countdown Frame}~ which is much bigger than things I normally make, but I enjoyed it. It comes flat packed but is really easy to put together and is sturdy once glued.

I had no real idea of how it would come together to start with, only that I wanted it lilac and blue because I don't 'do' normal Christmas colours!

 

I started off by sticking patterned paper onto the inside and outside sides, then got the acrylic paints out and did the frame. I blended 3 colours together and then used gelatos to darken the edges. I coloured the wood block the same way.

I cut the left hand side of the tree off and painted it green and when it was dry, stamped some lights onto it, doodled and added glitter glue.

I cut the stem off the sign and gave it a crackle effect, then did the stockings the same way. I triple embossed the stockings with white powder.

The wording and numbers have simply been sprayed with ink.

I've added some more stamps to finish the scene.





Kaz xxx

4 comments:

Karen said...

WOW!!!!!!!!! x

Kerri-Jo Sharp said...

Kaz, this is awesome and I love that it is not traditional Christmas colors!! Love it!!
Hugs!!

Carol Plume said...

What a great piece - really loving the colours xx

Cocofolies said...

Ooh, your version is also fabulous!!!! And so cute using these stamps and colours, a perfect combination! Thank you for the feast of my eyes before Christmas Kaz.. Hugs, Coco xx