Sunday 14 June 2015

Life, art.... tag!

Happy Sunday morning!

Thank you for a lovely warm welcome last week. I am delighted to be sharing a tag with you today for the 'Heat It Up' theme.

For the base of the tag I used one of the 74mmx138mm {Mixed Media Boards} and trimmed away a couple of the corners quite easily with a normal pair of scissors.


Next I set about creating the background, this week using watercolour paints, after first applying a base coat of white Gesso.

Once dry, I stamped directly onto the tag and heated clear embossing powder over the stamped image.

Gold acrylic paint was applied around the edges and I used a clear Versamark embossing pad and powder over the top to add some dimension to the edges of the tag.

I decided to embellish the tag using a straight edged {Domino} again, applying a coat of white Gesso and watercolour paints, then stamped and clear embossed over the top. I did the same with some of the {Mini Flowers} I think they look like little iced biscuits !!


Thank you for calling and leaving a comment if you get the chance. I hope you can join us for the weekly themes, you never know, you might win a bag of goodies up for grabs. Check out this {LINK} for full details.

  Good luck, Gez ♥

2 comments:

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Beautiful tag, Gez

Dawn said...

Stunning tag sweetie. I love the layers and depth you've created, beautiful make. x x x x