Friday 18 August 2017

Anything Goes


Hi everyone Dee here with my latest post for the anything goes week
I hope you are all having a lovely summer and are getting a nice 
break the weather has been a bit hit and miss but I am very
lucky to have been away twice. 


I did this using Andy's new stamp set birds and bones from #Stampendous now available 
from Di. I stamped the lovely Skeleton and poison words onto
 tissue paper and using titan buff painted the reverse side.
I cut them out and placed to the side.

I soaked some mod rock in water for a couple of minutes, then
squeezed out the water and played it across a media board. 
I heated up beeswax pellets and once melted I  started 
to layer it onto the media board. I also used some
graphics 45 paper which I pushed into the warm wax
after the first coat. I continued to layer the wax till I
 was happy using a mix of pan pastels and oil pastels
to create the burnt edges.
Once happy I placed the skeleton and poison words onto the warm wax
 and gave a final coat to seal them. I pushed in a rusty washer & attached 
rusty wire to the top. I was very pleased with the outcome looking 
'Very Halloween' with the hint of the paper and the mesh from the 
Mod Rock peeping through. I believe that you should achieve a 
smooth finish with the wax but felt that the uneven finish was more
suitable for this piece 'nothing to do with being unable to achieve this'!
I hope you all have enjoyed my piece for you today and you can
see how versatile these Tando media boards & tags are
for all your mixed media art. 

Please don't forget to let me know what you think!
Cheers Dee x

PRODUCTS USED










14 comments:

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

absolutely gorgeous!

Candy C said...

Creepily cool!

Redanne said...

Definitely creepy but utterly fabulous too!!

Dana Tatar said...

Super cool! I love the look of the wax with the rusty pieces.

Licho_Nie_Spi said...

I've never used wax and it's absolutely magical :)
Awesome background!

sanpiseth40 said...

absolutely gorgeous!


ตารางคะแนนลาลีกา

Tink said...

Fantastic tag!

Denise Bryant said...

Awesome colors and textures! I love the skeleton stamp you used!
Denise in CA

Mary Holshouser said...

this is fangtastic.
I love the weathered look
of the hanging. the rusty
twisted wire at the top adds
to the look.
Wonderful piece.
thanks for sharing.
Illinois

Susan Renshaw said...

Awesome. Thanks for all the details!

BethW said...

Wow-my idea of Halloween perfection-this is fantastic. thank you so much for the great how to!

Tee said...

Gorgeous tag & cool technique! Love it!

Billie Dee said...

Perfect in color and choice!

sharon g said...

I like the old, weathered look. This might be my favorite!!!