Saturday 11 November 2017

Using Embossing Powders - Antiquey Book

It's embossing powders week here on the Tando Creative blog and it's an element I love to work with.


For my project I have created a cute little antique style book from greyboard ATCs. To the centre of the cover I added one of the round greyboard bookplates surrounding a vintage photo. I have layered silver and aged gold embossing powders from Stampendous to give an oxdised metal appearence to the bookplate. I have also introduced clear embossing powder to the centre of the bookplate to give the vintage photo a sheen.


The covers have been built up in layers of DecoArt Chalky Finish paints, rubbing back areas to reveal the colours underneath. I have also use the Chalky Finish Crackle Medium to give the covers a truly weathered and worn look. Silver embossing powder has been used to edge to covers, with little bits sprinkled across the cover to create interest.


The book has been bound with string and brown paper pages add to the aged look.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this project.

Nikki K said...

This is fab Han, love it. xx