Sunday 28 January 2018

Masks and Stencils with Lisa

Hi folks, Lisa here and welcome to my blog post for Tando. This week the theme is 'masks and stencils'. 
Like every mixed media artist, I have a thing about stencils. Tando have a mega selection of stencils, of all themes and sizes. I chose a huge selection for this project.

Here is my creation...



I used the Kate Crane divided box (Ministry of Mixology kit - April 2017) Tando kit. I have had this a while but didn't know what I wanted to store in there... Until.... Enter the Tando Tags Mega Bundle!!!!



I love creating using the Tando Tags. Any size. And I always find myself searching for them. But now I don't have to!!! 

I first laid out all the pieces of the kit down flat and gave them a coat of white gesso on both sides.

I then raided my selection of Tando Stencils. I love stencils. How you can use the whole image, a corner or just the middle part to create a different look. 




I basically had no method to creating this box. I just went with it. I used a selection of colours from the DecoArt Premium paint range and continually added layers and layers colour with a different stencil until I was happy. 

I drew over some of the stencilled shapes with black and white Posca pens.



I wrote out a label on a piece of white card and added some ink to distress it. Then attached it to the box using brads.





I hope you like my version of the Kate Crane divided box. 
If you would like to leave me a comment please do so, I love to hear your thoughts.
Toodles for now,
Lisa xxx 


Here is everything I used... And are all available on the Tando website.

Tando 6 x 6 stencils
Harlequin
Criss cross grid
Grid round
Letters
Sequin waste

Tando 4 x 4 stencils
Distressed diamond
Hive

Tando 82mm x 144mm stencils
Bubbles
Dotstream
Textured hearts

Tando Kit
Kate Crane divided box (Ministry of Mixology kit - April 2017)

DecoArt Premium paint
Paynes Grey
Cobalt Blue
Green Gold
Cobalt Teal
Cobalt Turquoise

DecoArt Media
Black Gesso
White Gesso
Clear Modelling Paste


Harlequin Mask   Mask - Criss Cross Grid   Mask - Grid Round   Mask - Letters   Sequin Waste Mask 15cm x 15cm
Mini Mask - Distressed Diamond   Mini Mask - Hive     
Stencil: BUBBLES   Stencil: DOTSTREAM   Stencil: TEXTURED HEARTS
Ministry of Mixology Kate Crane Divided Box Kit April 17
Paynes Grey Premium     Cobalt Blue Premium   Green Gold Premium   Cobalt Teal Premium   Cobalt Turquoise Premium   Media: Black Gesso   Media: White Gesso

No comments: