Friday 10 May 2019

Crackle Week - by Hannah Oxberry

Hi all, thank you for joining me here on the Tando Blog! It's Crackle Week and I just love the added texture crackles can bring to your designs.

For my project I thought I would share a design I created for the Craftalong Show with Di and Fiona in a few weeks time.



This gorgeous kit, designed by Fiona Randall, can be used in a whole variety I ways. I included a brightly coloured paper background with black heat embossed pillars against a white backdrop. The kit includes a stencil for the wings, I decided to use this stencil to run crackle paste through to create wonderfully crackled wings!


I added further detail to the design by using modeling paste on the heart and texture paste on the rusty cogs. The wings I painted white and added irridecscent gold to highlight.


I wanted to create contrast in the pillars and picked out pink colours from the backing papers to coordinate with the heart.

I hope you like the project!




No comments: