Saturday 14 April 2012

Pin Cushion Houses

Helloooo! I have been playing with fabric again :-D This time I used 3 of the little 3D Tando Houses and turned them into pin cushions! Such a lot of fun to do.


For all 3 I assembled the houses first (discard the roof pieces). I attached the doors, windows & any embroidery to the fabrics before I glued onto the bases. It was a little trickier to make the cushions for the rooves but I ended up making long sausage shapes and then just glueing them in the roofspaces. You can see that the one on the left was the 1st one as the others are a little neater hahaha! I just had to make a little needlecase to match as I had one house left! I cut it down and just covered with fabric, using felt for the 'pages'.


The very pretty fabric came from the lovely Sandy at the Craft Barn (do a search for the fabric if you can't find it). Here are the ~Tando Creative~ pieces I used...nekkid...



If you are going the The Craft Barns Extravaganza this year you can have a good look at these houses as they will be on display :-D

Thank you so much for taking a look today, HUGS, Karen xxx

5 comments:

Carol Plume said...

Karen these are totally gorgeous and what a fantastic idea....that fabric is soooo pretty. Well done xx

Kaz said...

I love these gorgeous houses, such a clever idea xxx

Traceyr said...

Superb Karen - love that needlecase so sweet - such a good idea.

Irit Shalom said...

This is totally adorable!

Zoechaos said...

These are precious in the truest sense of the world, magical little set. XOXO