Friday 19 April 2013

Jewelry - Bookplate Pendant


Hi Tando fans!  Dana here today sharing a pendant for the Jewelry theme this week. I started this piece with a Mini Bookplate. The finish on my pendant is a mix of glue, glitter, mist and alcohol inks. To achieve a similar finish for one of your projects, cover the chipboard with glue, add glitter, mist and alcohol ink, and let dry.  The swirl design happens when the wet mediums interact!


I used one of my favorite stamps and some Distress Markers to color the image for the center of the pendant, which I sealed with Glossy Accents. Once my piece was dry I added it to a simple chain. One of the fantastic features of the bookplates are that they come with holes on both sides, so I didn't have to punch my own!


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

1 comment:

ionabunny said...

Wow, what a fantastic finish. Will have to try this myself. Great use of the bookplates.