As you will all know this weeks challenge is to use some of Tando's larger pieces. I used some more of the arches in my arch set - I find them so versatile - I've made little notice boards and frames....now a candle screen (and when I say candle I mean the battery operated ones and not the flame ones as flames and paper burn!).
I used double sided papers for this project so you don't get a white side. I started by coating my arches in gesso and then misted them with yellow mist and added some gold gelato pastel colours too which I smudged in with my fingers. I cut our a scalloped shape with my die cut machine, and then carefully cut it slightly wider than the arches. To hide the join I backed my arches with paper - this also covers up the small hinge that I made our of paper too. I then added a few butterflies and a battery candle.