Monday 30 September 2013

In the Garden

Today sees us starting a new weekly theme which is "In the Garden" - so look out for some lovely takes on the title this week from our DT.

Today also sees the last post from September's GDT - Ruth McQuinn - a big thank you to Ruth for joining us this month.

So, here is Ruths last project:-


Hi all.  This week's challenge is 'In the garden'.  In my head, I saw my Mum out in the garden cutting dahlias for the chapel flowers, with an old fashioned, and indeed OLD trug.  So I started off with the 3d basket, and set to, to make it look old!


I ran all the pieces through the big shot with the Harlequin mask.  Several layers of paint later, I used the harlequin mask again and some distress ink, to really knock it back.  I forgot to take a final photo of the replacing of the mask, and the re-inking - but you will see it at the end.



Then I die cut a few flowers.  More than a few actually!  I layered them up and created stems out of florist's wire, and glued some card candy over the middle, to hide where the wire went in.

All the flowers were planted into oasis, which I covered with tissue paper sprayed green. Doesn't oasis feel odd? Not sure I like it...  I had also Crop-o-dile'd a few holes through the side walls, and pressed some prima flowers through.

I stamped and embossed in gold a massive butterfly, and then painted it in Twinkling H2Os on the front.  On the back, it got a coating of Alchemy paint, to give that shimmer you see when a butterfly closes its wings.  The finishing touch was a small piece of board painted up, and then stencilled with the leaf mask, and then stamped with 'Time to Garden'.  I had two spare clock hands from somewhere, painted up in the same sort of colours as the trug and the plaque.

And now I have a reminder of my Mum's green fingers!  Wish I had inherited them!!

 Sideways on


…and sort of from the top down!

Don't forget to pop on over to Ruths blog for more of her lovely creations.

another great project tomorrow - see you then.

2 comments:

roc said...

Gorgeous! Love what you have created!

Mooffie said...

I had such fun creating all these bits and pieces - it wasn't hard work at all with the great base materials that are Tando! Thanks you so much for inviting me to be part of it this month, it's been a ball!