Tuesday 17 June 2014

Anthing Goes - Gothic Arch Set


Hi Tando fans! Dana here today sharing a set of Gothic Arches for the Anything Goes theme this week. These small chipboard arches measure about 4x3 inches and were the perfect size for creating some fun little scenes.


I have one small gnome that was left in the yard of my first home. We fell in love with the little guy and he has traveled with us with each move over the past 10 years. I modeled this gnome after him.


I covered the arch with patterned papers, which I personalized with some doodling in black to help separate the layers. I then piled on stamped images that I colored simply with Sharpies. I added some fun texture to the gnome and butterfly with white dimensional paint.


I began this arch the same as the previous one, with patterned paper that I doodled on. I tore several of the layers for added interest. Once the background was to my liking, I layered on the swirly clouds, colorful houses and the "home" sentiment.



I attached several of the houses to my arch with foam dots for dimension.







Thanks for stopping by today!

6 comments:

Kerri-Jo Sharp said...

Dana, this is too darn cute!!! I'm so in love with it!! Such a great scene and nice bright colors!!! Awesome!! TFS!!
Hugs!!

Gio said...

Such inventiveness!

Karen said...

These are fantastic Dana! I love your gnome :-D x

Cocofolies said...

These two little arches are so cute Dana, love your gnome too!!! I also love your vivid and constant imagination to realize new makes, they are always great and astonishing! awe :) Coco xx

Words and Pictures said...

Those are so much fun - bright and bold!
Alison x

Kaz said...

I just LOVE these Dana! Fabulous xx